Helping You Look After
THE PEOPLE AND THINGS YOU VALUE
James J. Ruggiero
James J. Ruggiero, Jr. has more than 30 years of legal experience serving residents of Chester County. The office is conveniently located across from Paoli Hospital.
The practice focuses on estate planning, elder law and business law.
Estate planning involves the preparation of wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney for financial and healthcare matters and living wills.
In the elder law practice, I offer advice to enable older adults to control their life and preserve independence as long as possible. As a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorney's, I offer my clients specialized services and resources such as geriatric care managers as well medicaid planning. I often meet with elder law clients in their homes or long term care facilities.
In my business law practice, I focus on corporations, buy-sell agreements and real estate.
Evening and weekend hours by appointment.
Please call 610-889-0288.
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Elder Law
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- Medicaid Planning
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. - 1990
- Ursinus College
- B.A. - 1986
- “Drafting a Last-Minute Estate Plan for a Sick or Dying Client”, PA Bar Institute, 2013
- “Navigating Legal and Ethical Issues in Caring for and Counseling Elders”, American Society on Aging, 2014
- “Estate Planning for Younger Couples”, PA Bar Institute 2014
- “Dealing with Financial Institutions in Estates, Trusts and with POAs”, PA Bar Institute, 2014
- “Protecting the Business Owner and Building a Plan to Pass on The Legacy”, Bryn Mawr Trust, 2015
- “Forging a Long-Term Care Plan for Your Personal Injury Clients”, Lehigh County Bar Association, 2015
- “Estate Planning for the Middle Market Client”, PA Bar Institute, 2016
- “Should You Have an IRA Inheritance Trust?”, Lehigh Valley Bar Association, 2017
- “Coordinating Clients’ POAs, Advanced Directives and Wills and Trusts”, PA Bar Institute, 2017
- “Dealing with Financial Institutions in Estates & Elder Law”, PA Bar Institute, 2018
- “How to Write a Will”, PA Bar Institute, 2019
- “Legal and Financial Planning: An Integral Part of Caring for a Loved One with Alzheimer’s”, Alzheimer’s Association, 2019
- Chester County Bar Association, Elder Law Probate and Trust, Real Property Sections, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Sections on Elder Law, Probate and Trust, Real Property, Legal Services to Persons with Disabilities Committee, Member
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Member
- Chester County Estate Planning Council, President, 2011 to 2012
- Chester County Estate Planning Council, Member, 2001 to Present
- Lehigh Valley Estate Planning Council, Member, 2014 to 2019
- Lehigh Valley Estate Planning Council, Board Member, 2018 to 2018
- Planned Lifetime Assistance Network of Pennsylvania Foundation, President, 2013 to Present
- Immaculata University: Business Department Advisory, President, 2010 to 2012
Certified Legal Specialties:
- Accredited Estate Planner, National Association of Estate Planners & Councils, 2011
- Estate Planning Law Specialist, National Association of Estate Planners & Councils, 2014
Current Employment Positions:
- Managing Partner
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Awarded the Accredited Estate Planner designation by the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils, 2010
- Named a Top Attorney in Trusts and Estates & Elder Law in Main Line Today Magazine, 2009, 2011, 2012
- Received the Five Star Wealth Manager, Best in Client Satisfaction Award, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Awarded the Estate Planning Law Specialist designation, granted by the Estate Law Specialist Board, Inc., 2013